Hi guys, happy Monday! Today I wanted to share with you a fun activity that my preschooler really enjoyed. This week for our theme we will be learning all about weather. Today's focus was rain and clouds.
- Blue Paper Plates (small ones)
- Letter Stickers (or you can write the letters on)
- Objects that start with that letter (I used our beginning sound bean bags).
I spread the paper plates around the room like rain puddles, and put all the bean bags in a basket. Since this was a review for him I only helped if he didn't recognize the picture. He would take out a bean bag from the basket say the name and letter sound and find the corresponding 'puddle.'
A short video of him playing the game.
You can modify this game to play with your toddler even.
- Use less letters and objects (this way your child can focus on certain letters)
- Have your child match letters instead of sounds.
- Have your child match uppercase to lowercase
Tot School Gathering Place
Preschool and Kindergarten Community