Hi guys! As part of our morning basket on Thursday we work on a little art history. We read a book about an artist, watch a video, and recreate a piece by the artist. We recently learned all about Kandinsky and recreated one of his famous pieces.
What we learned:
- His art work is called abstract
- He listened to music while painting
- He painted what the music made him feel
- He was born in Moscow Russia
- His paintings are made of lots of shapes
- He was a teacher and started art when he was 30
- He died at the age of 78
We read out of The Usborne Art Treasury
We also read this picture book. I borrowed it from the library as an e-book.
We watched a brief biography on youtube.
We recreated his circles painting using oil pastels and water colors.
I gave the boys card stock paper that I folded making 6 squares and they drew circles in each square leaving space between each circle.
Once they drew all their circles they painted each square a different color using water colors.
That was an easy, fun artist study!
Linked Up With:
Preschool and Kindergarten Community