Sunday 8 October 2017

Apologia Chemistry and Physics

Hi guys! Today I wanted to share with you all the fun hands on activities we've done so for using Apologia's Chemistry and Physics book. We recently wrapped up the last chapter for chemistry, and we are moving on to the physics portion. In case some of you were looking into this curriculum I thought I would share just some of the activities we did. I know I like to see how other people are enjoying a curriculum before I purchase it.

1.Gas takes Up Space

 
2. Elephants Toothpaste (chemical reaction)


 

3. Atomic Model of Water

 

4. Atomic Bonding (with pipe cleaners and beads)


5. Polymer Molecules (Balloon and Bamboo Skewer)


6. Smoke Bomb

This was by far their favorite experiment. Shocker! 
7. Growing Crystals

This project took a week, but it was well worth it. The boys checked on it
daily.


These are just some of the fun activities I managed to capture. I'll share more as we work through the book.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01