Thursday 8 September 2016

Mystery Bag Beginning Sound Activity


Hi guys! Today I wanted to share with you one of my son's favorite activities that we use to review and practice beginning sounds. Every time I pull out our letter mystery bag he gets so excited and can't wait to play.

If you would like to try this activity here's what you'll need:
  1. Letters to match the beginning sound of the objects
  2. Varies objects to put inside the mystery bag
  3. A drawstring bag or any container that can be used to hide things in. 
 I placed small objects that I had in our Montessori letter boxes inside the drawstring bag. We sorted the letters onto the tray and he began to pull out one object at a time. Some of the objects I had to tell him the name and emphasizes the beginning sound and others he was able to figure out himself.









This was a really fun activity and he got a lot of practice in. I hope you try this activity out with your kiddo's.

Linked Up With:
Tot School Gathering Place

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01