Tuesday 13 September 2016

Landforms and Bodies of Water Unit Study


Hi guys! We will be starting a fun unit study on landforms and bodies of water this month. During our geography study the boys were asking a lot different of questions, "what's a bay, peninsula, gulf, etc." To answer all those questions I put together this unit study and I thought I share it here to help anyone looking to do a unit study on this topic.

Books:
I gathered our books from the library and our bookshelves. I will keep them in a baskets for the boys to explore during their independent reading time. 

Notebooking Pages:
We will be notebooking and using worksheets to help aid in our studies. Here are some of the printables we will be using (some of these printables are free and others cost money).
  1. Landforms Unit
  2. All about Landforms
  3. Landforms, Continents, and Oceans
  4. Landforms layer book
  5. Land and water printable
  6. Erosion lab activity 
  7. Land and water form cards 
  8. Weathering and Erosion 

Hands on fun:

 We will be building our own volcano, geyser experiment, and making our own landforms using air dry clay. At the end of our study the boys will make their own island and create different landforms and write about it.

Vocabulary Building:

The boys will utilize the pocket chart to practice matching vocabulary.

I will also be keeping learning posters up in our classroom.

The boys will also each create their own vocabulary cards to go along with this unit.

Schedule:

I've put together a very loose schedule for us to follow. I will share more details once I tweak it a bit more. 

I can't wait to explore and learn along side the boys. This unit will last the entire month and we will slowly work through it using living books and narrations.




2 comments:

  1. I am such a big fan of unit studies. This looks like so much fun. I can't wait to see the many amazing things you do with your children. Your so inspiring dear. πŸŒΈπŸ’

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am such a big fan of unit studies. This looks like so much fun. I can't wait to see the many amazing things you do with your children. Your so inspiring dear. πŸŒΈπŸ’

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01