Tuesday 1 March 2016

Neil Armstrong Report + Craft


Along with our study of the Moon we are reading and learning all about Neil Armstrong. The boys and I are reading Who Was Neil Armstrong.  The Who Was... series is our favorite biography series, the chapters aren't long and they hold both boys attention.


To help the boys remember all the fun facts that they learned we did a fun craft and interactive foldable. We learned that Neil Armstrong left his footprint on the moon and that it is still there till today. The boys made a footprint using an old shoe and some white paint. They loved being able to paint the shoe, I think it was the forbidden element about it (ha!).

To do this activity you will need to gather some supplies;
  • Black construction paper
  • Some markers or Crayons to color your foldable
  • Glue
  • Paint and a shoe (optional) you can just make a footprint if you do not have an old shoe.
  • Foldable and speech bubble with his Famous saying on it. 
If you would like to use the speech bubble you can download it for free here

Neil left a print of his left shoe, so we did the same.


 After coloring their foldable we filled out some information about him. 
"Neil Armstrong was an Astronaut. He was the first man to walk on the Moon. he was born in Ohio. He landed on the Moon July, 1969."



The Speech bubble says; "That's one small step for man, and one giant leap for mankind."





I created 4 different types of notebooking pages to go with our Neil Armstrong unit. You can grab a free copy of all 4, all you have to do is (you don't have to but I would love it :)). Follow me on any of my social media platforms. Leave me a comment with your email address and where your following me and I'll email you the notebooking pages.

Included in the set are; primary lined paper, regular lined paper, interactive foldable (the one my boys used) and a fact sheet. 


Hope to hear from you soon :).

Linked up with:
hiphomeschoolmoms
lookwerelearning
squishablebaby
Mummascribbles

2 comments:

  1. Hello Ayan,
    I love your cute foldable! I am following you on Pinterest. May I have a copy of your notebook pages?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ayan,
    I love your craftivity! I would like to use this in my classroom. How can I download your notebook pages?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01