Thursday 13 March 2014

What Is A Scientist?









After our introduction lesson about science. I decided to explore what and who a scientist is with the kids. I started of by drawing a scientist on the white board, we read What is a scientist by Barbara lehn. This is a good go along book to introduce what and who a scientist is.


After reading this book we did some brainstorming. I asked the kids three questions to help guide them to the write answers.
1. A scientist is...
2. A scientist can...
3. A scientist has...

Using those statements they were able to fill in the blanks and come up with many answers to fill our chart.

Lastly I had the kids make their own scientist to put into their science journals.

This is the only picture I had of the anchor chart my boys ended up erasing the rest of my phone :(


"I am a scientist because I measure"


Idea for this lesson came from First Grade Parade.

2 comments:

  1. This is really adorable! Love the pop up book and your drawings on the board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Michelle, I've been following your blog for a while it means a lot that you stopped by :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01