Sunday 26 January 2014

Floor Pouf









I friend of mine recently lent me her sewing machine (May Allah reward her ameen). I've always wanted to learn to sew but I convinced my self I wouldn't be very good at it. With alot of help from my friend and the internet I decided to give it a try.

I decided to make a floor pouf as extra seating in our homeschool room. This was the second thing I made after getting the sewing machine.



This was my first project that involved sewing a circle. I read and read and watched videos on how to make sew a circle. At the end it was really easy I think I over thought this one. The pillow also involved using pipping which looked really scary to do but with all the challenges I completed my floor pouf and if you don't look to close it looks really good.

The tutorial I followed was from Living with Punks she gave clear and easy to follow instructions plus lots of pictures. This was really helpful since I had no idea what I was doing. Go to her site for detail instructions on how to make you very own, If I can do it so can you trust me.

Now for some pictures :)


I don't know what this fabric is called but I purchased it from Fabricland when they were having a 50% off sale. I wanted to make two but it took me a while to make this last night so I will be adding more pillows to this corner and updating you with more pics :).

linked up with:
We made that 
Summo's Sweet Stuff
Three Mango Seeds
Sew Can Do
Remodelaholic 
Skip to my lou
Threading My Way


Threading My Way_Featured

5 comments:

  1. It's awesome! I love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your floor cushion looks fabulous, Ayan. Great going successfully sewing a circle and adding piping on your second sewn item.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've faatured your cushion today...
      http://www.threadingmyway.com/2014/02/threading-your-way-features.html

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Pam for your kind words and for featuring me it means a lot :).

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01